Woodstove installation complete!

The trip up on the roof could no longer be avoided. However, my mom and I had made Isaac nervous talking about how we would be ready to call 911, so he purchased a "Fall Arrest Kit." I thought it was a joke, but they really call it that. Seeing as it is autumn, and I had been working outside when he showed it to me, I was a little confused at first.
Modeling said "Fall Arrest Kit." Isaac set up a system of two ladders to create steps up to the peak. We have a full attic and tall ceilings, so this is about 30 feet up in the air. He made the wooden box you see on the left, removed some slate, cut a hole in the roof, put the pipe through the hole, and attached the chase. Installing copper flashing over the chase. Isaac said he wanted to paint the chimney black because the silver was like bling on your house. Isaac was frantically trying to finish this...note the dark clouds behind him. First fire in the stove! Caleb modeling the hat Isaac wore in the first picture. The white trim around the brim says SAFETY.CAT.COM. Ironically, the day Isaac put the chase on the roof we visited the Washington Fire Department Open House. I told them my husband was home installing a woodstove. They said, "Well...maybe we'll see you later."

Comments

Dallas Jenkins said…
Caleb looks like Don, am I right?
Have you ever noticed that pictures of your kids can capture different faces? You are right, the day he was born we noted the similarities, and certain faces he makes emphasizes them. But given the number of strangers who stop to tell us how cute he is, he must not resemble him usually! :) I'll try to post a smiling picture sometime.

Popular Posts