Snozzcumbers

A picture of the first tomato of the season - June 29th. From an heirloom tomato plant called 'Stupice' said to be a small tangy early tomato. We've enjoyed them whole straight from the vine, wedged in salads, and sliced with cheese and salad dressing. Last night we sampled our first 'Brandywine.' Definitely worth the wait. There are some HUGE Brandywine and Cherokee Purple tomatoes in the greenhouse just taking their sweet time...
Tomato tally: 19 Zucchini tally: 11
Considering that I planted twice as many tomato plants as zucchini plants, and that I'm not measuring by pounds but by number, I still think that the zucchini plants might keep in the running for awhile. I can't believe how fast a zucchini can grow! Two nights ago my loyal harvest hunter helper and I (pictured above) found some pretty large ones that had crept up on us. Sam and Isaac read the BFG by Roald Dahl a few months ago, so we've now named them zucchini-snozzcumbers.

Comments

Popular Posts