A Day at the Zoo

Waiting for a pony ride
Uncle Luke feeds the lorikeets
How are you today?
Papa comes to the zoo

Annabelle
Compost bin #1
The first 4 pictures are from Saturday's trip to the zoo. It was the first time Papa had been there in over 10 years! We had a great time and got home just before a downpour set in for the rest of the day. Which segues us into the garden...the rain was much needed. I am now satisfied to leave for a week to go camping and feel reasonably comfortable that my plants can fend for themselves. The first garden picture is my Hydrangea arborescens just coming into bloom. I would highly recommend this shrub. It demands absolutely nothing and blooms reliably year after year. It is also very hardy here, unlike some other hydrangeas. The lower picture is my first compost bin, which I started yesterday. I was amazed how little I had saved up to put in it! Now I must start begging yard waste from neighbors and friends!



Comments

Popular Posts